1. Personal Information
The Company may receive and store personal information which you provide during your use of the website.“Personal information” includes specific identifiable information about an individual or entity which may be used to identify, contact or locate that person or entity (eg., name, address, e-mail address or phone number). Sometimes, you will have a choice whether or not to provide such information. Your failure to provide certain information may make some features and/or functionality of the Website/Application unavailable to you.
Collection of Information from you:
We may collect your Personal information such as (i) first and last name; (ii) a home or other physical address; (iii) an email address or other contact information (including mobile / landline numbers); (iv) birthday; (v) information regarding your use of our Services through the Website/Application including your location details. To fully use our Website/Application, you will need to register through our Website/ Application by creating a membership account by providing your e-mail address/phone number. When you provide Personal Information through our Service, the information may be sent to servers located in India.
We may use your Personal Information to send emails periodically describing promotions, events or changes relating to the Website/ Application and/ or Services. You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails by following the instructions in the relevant correspondence. Once we have processed your opt-out request, We will not send you further promotional emails unless you opt back in to receiving such communications. Whether you opt out of receiving promotional emails or not, We reserve the right to communicate with you via email with respect to important information, notices or changes arising out of or relating to the Site.
2. Non-Personal Information
We may receive and store certain Non-Personal Information whenever you interact with the Website/Application. “Non- Personal Information” includes information that, by itself, does not identify a specific individual or entity (e.g., demographic information, usage data or downloads). Non-Personal Information may be gathered by the following methods:
- (b) Metadata: Metadata is data collected and used by us to facilitate the understanding, characteristics, and management of data arising out of or relating to the Website/ Application, to facilitate and monitor system usage and, in certain instances, for fraud prevention and other services. Some examples of information and metadata that we may collect and analyse include, without limitation, the Internet protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, computer and connection information (such as browser type, version, and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform), the full uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) click sequence to, through, and from the Website, including date and time; cookie number; and any products, services or features you use or interact with arising out of or in connection with your use of the Website/ Application.
- (c) Tools: We may use software tools to measure and collect information about your use of the Website/ Application, including page response time, upload and file transfer errors, interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), features use, and methods. Sometimes, you will have a choice whether or not to provide information, but if you fail to provide certain information it could make some features and/or functionality of the Website/ Application unavailable to you. We will use information you provide to respond to your request, communicate with you, and to improve the Website/ Application.
- (d) Information from Other Sources: We may receive information about you from our third-party service providers, or other sources such as purchase or redemption information, page-view information, technical, fulfilment, advertising, and search information.
3. Social Networks
4. Other Information
If you use our website/application, we may collect information about your IP address, browser type, domain names, other website addresses referred, access times etc. We might look at what site you came from, duration of time spent on our website, pages accessed or what site you visit when you leave us. Your use will be automatically collected by us and this information shall be used by us to operate and maintain the quality of service.
5. Financial Information
“Financial Information” means information relating to payments and billing (e.g. accounts information, billing address, credit/debit card number, and credit/debit card expiry date)
We do not store your financial information on our servers. We use a third-party payment gateway for all payment transactions. We might collect your billing name, billing address and payment method when you use/access our Service. We never collect your credit card number or credit card expiry date or other details pertaining to your credit card on our Website/ Application. Credit/debit card information will be obtained and processed by our online payment partner who is protected by encryption, like SSL.
The Information is collected for billing and payment purposes only and will be protected and administered by us and/our authorised third-party partners. However, we recommend that you consult the privacy statements of our third-party online payment partners by clicking on the “privacy” link typically located at the bottom of their webpage. You agree and acknowledge that we shall not be liable for any breach of your privacy of Personal Information/Financial Information or loss incurred by these third-party payment partners.
6. How Do We Use The Information Collected From You
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- administer and personalize the Service for you;
- enable your access to and use of our Service;
- publish information about you on our Website/ Application;
- send you marketing/promotional communication;
- deliver and improve our products and Service, and manage our business;
- provide you with an enhanced experience when using the Service while suggesting and recommending content posted by Influencers/uploaders best suited for the User;
- send to you statements and invoices and, collect payments from you;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third-parties;
- provide your information to our third-party partners for marketing or promotional purposes;
- use Personal Information and Non-Personally Information and other information (including information from online and offline third-party sources) to create aggregated data for analytical and other purposes. Use this information to do internal research on Users' demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand, protect and serve Users. This information is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis; and
- We may, with your consent, send push notifications in our applications. You may disable these by declining them or changing the app's settings. To the extent provided, we may, with your consent, send SMS messages to your mobile telephone for authentication and security purposes. You may opt out of receiving such messages at any time.
7. Account and Audio/Video Settings
As part of our Service, we offer you the ability to limit the distribution of your content, including your videos. This section explains some of your choices.
Profile: Some of our online subscription plans enable you to "hide" your profile or otherwise make it inaccessible on our website. Your profile will, however, remain accessible to persons who have access to your account or content.
Team Members: Some of our subscription plans enable you to grant account-level access rights to others. Persons with such access ("Team Members") may be able to see and potentially alter your data. You may revoke or downgrade Team Member access at any time.
Videos/Audio: When you are interacting live with the Influencers, those videos/audios are recorded which are visible to other followers/subscribers of that particular Influencer/s. However, we enable you to manage the privacy settings of your audios/videos. On StarBeat platform, for example, your options, which depend on your subscription plan, may include
- Public (or "anyone"): Your video will be publicly-available.
- Just you (i.e., "only me"): Your video will be available to you, your influencer and authorized Team Members.
- Selected people: Your video will be available to users you select (such as users you follow or specifically designated users).
- Password-protected: Your video may be accessed by anyone who enters the password you have set.
- Private link: Your video may be accessed by anyone who enters the link assigned to it.
8 . With Whom We Share Your Information
- Third Party Service Providers: We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties such as trusted partners who work on behalf of or with us under confidentiality agreements or such similar arrangements. These entities may use your Personal Information for performing marketing/ advertising/ promotional services, delivering goods or services, administering promotions, analyzing data and usage of the Service through the Website and Application, processing credit/debit card payments, operating the Service or providing support and maintenance services for the same, or providing customer service. Our partners provide assurance that they take reasonable steps to safeguard the data they hold on our behalf, although data security cannot be guaranteed. Analytics companies may access anonymous data (such as your IP address or device ID) to help us understand how our services are used.
- Ad companies: We may disclose other Non-Personal Information to third-party advertisers and advertising agencies, partners, and other parties in order for the Company and such third parties to analyse (a) the performance of, to operate and improve the Service offered through the Website and Application, and (b) the behaviour of Users and to target offers to Users depending upon their requirements. We may also disclose, use or publish this information for promoting the Services offered under the Website(s) and/or Application(s). These third parties are subject to confidentiality agreements or such similar arrangements with us and other legal restrictions that prohibit their use of the information we provide them for any other purpose except to facilitate the specific outsourced operation, unless you have explicitly agreed or given your prior permission to them for additional uses.
- Other Situations: To operate the Service, we also may make identifiable and anonymous information available to third parties in circumstances: (1) with your express consent, (2) where Your consent will not be required for disclosure i.e. when we have a good faith belief it is required by law, it is necessary to protect our rights or property, or to any successor or purchaser in a merger, acquisition, liquidation, dissolution or sale of assets or any such arrangement of like nature, but we will attempt to notify you, to the extent permitted by law to do so.
Please remember that if you choose to provide Personal Information using certain features of the Service that information is governed by the privacy settings of those particular features and, unless selected otherwise, may be available to the Users of the Application or may be published on the Website, which is subject to indexing by third party search engines. Individuals reading this information may use or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge. Therefore, we urge you to think carefully about including any specific information.
We take security measures to help safeguard your Personal Information from unauthorized access and disclosure, and as specified by applicable law. While we take these reasonable efforts to safeguard your Personal Information, you acknowledge and agree that no system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending Personal Information through insecure email. Despite our efforts, you also play an important role in protecting against unauthorised access to your User Account information, password and computer. We recommend that you always log out of your User Account if you leave your computer and/or are using a shared computer.
10. Children's Privacy
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from persons under the age of 18 or allow them to register a user Account, and if you are under the age of 18, you must not attempt to register with us and/or submit any Personal Information to us. If it comes to Our attention that any Personal Information has been collected from a person under the age of 18, we will delete this information as quickly as possible including the membership account.
12. Data Retention
We retain your data for as long as you have a membership account with us. When you close an account on the Website/ Application, we will delete its content. We may retain logs of automatically collected information (for internal analytics and security purposes); your email address; your tax information; communications with you; and your transactional information (for auditing, tax, and financial purposes). Also, your history/interactions with uploaders/influencers that is available on the servers will be deleted only when they delete their account. User at all times has the right to withdraw consent by communicating it to Company or discontinuing use by deleting the Website/ Application. When we no longer have a business reason for retaining data/ information, we will delete or anonymise it. If we receive legal process pertaining to your membership account, we will retain your data/ information for as long as we in good faith believe is necessary to comply with the legal process. Similarly, if we believe that your account has been involved in wrongdoing, we may preserve your data to defend or assert our rights.
13. How to Contact Us
14. Grievance Officer
In accordance with Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules made there under, in case of grievances you can contact:
Star Beat Tech Pvt Ltd
First Floor, No-1216 and 1217, North Block,
24th Main Sector1, Hosur Sarjapur Road HSR Layout,
Bengaluru (Bangalore) Urban, Karnataka - 560102